Let’s do something newAugust 22, 2014
A Pregnancy Countdown and Art PrintsAugust 31, 2014
How do I be creative? Let me count the ways…
Creativity is something that’s innate within us all, yes, it may be more dormant in some than others though let me assure you it is there. I can relate this to my recent experience with abdominal muscles, “abs”. I find it hard to believe I have these “abs” and yet under the layers of body padding I know they are there. I know they are there because despite not being able to see them, I feel them when I crunching! So there you have it, linking “abs” with “creativity”.
These are 5 things which will boost creativity, and if not boost, give you something fun to do
- Listen to music. I’m talking 60s, 70s, 80s music. Sing along with reckless abandonment.
- Do house work. I mean, do house work and dance! Burn off more calories and vacuum?
- Write a postcard to a friend or five. If you’re anything like me, update your physical address book first! Nothing beats putting pen to paper, even this tap, tap, tapping does not compare.
- Stop watching TV for a day, hide the remote and go outside. Walk around the neighbourhood or if you want to go further, catch a random bus, and walk around that neighbourhood.
- Finally, turn off the computer and take out a notepad, sit outside and just write. Pure and simple (I think I wrote this one for myself – once this post is done, I’m chilling out on our balcony!)