Chicken Chorizo Stew
It may not be pretty to look at, but it certainly is delicious. A great warm recipe for the colder weather. This dish comes out quite soupy so if you’re a fan of sauce, it’s perfect, if not, you can always scoop out the chunky ingredients with a straining ladle and adjust the sauce levels to your preference. If you like your meals hot, and not just the temperature, feel free to add some fresh chilies when you put in the capsicum.
One thing to help make preparation easier, I listed the ingredients in the order of use. The original recipe from the Thermomix Community Forum, included chickpeas (which were added with the capsicum and coriander in the last step). I was intending to do this but I forgot the chickpeas I had were not cooked. So I just skipped the chickpeas and had it with some pre-made rice and quinoa. Still delicious!
- 800 g
- 2 x 400 g can of diced tomatoes*
- 2 cloves
- 1 medium
- brown onion, cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 200 g
- spanish chorizo, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 100 g
- white wine
- 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp
- paprika*, smoked
- 500 g
- chicken breast, cubes ~(2 cm)
- red capsicum, sliced then chopped
- 1 bunch
- coriander, finely chopped
- 2 cups
- Put tomatoes (if using fresh) into TM bowl. Dice 5 seconds/Speed 4. Empty into separate bowl and rinse TM bowl.
- Add garlic to TM bowl. Chop 3 seconds/Speed 10
- Add onion. Chop 5 Seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down sides with spatula.
- Add 2 tbsp Olive Oil. Saute 3 minutes/100°C.
- Heat 1 tbsp Olive Oil in fry pan. Add chopped chorizo to brown for 2 - 3 minutes (this brings out the flavour). Pour chorizo and oil into TM bowl.
- Add wine, cayenne pepper, paprika. Cook 5 minutes/100°C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cook 10 minutes/100°C/Reverse/Speed Soft.
- Add capsicum and 1/2 cup coriander. Cook 5 minutes/100°C/Reverse/Speed Soft.
- Serve with rice (I add quinoa when cooking my rice for extra goodness).